Disclaimer: We may receive a commission for products purchased through some links in this article.
Best WIFI Extenders and Boosters Reviewed
Are you are unsure if you need a Wifi extender? One of the key signs that you desperately need one is if you have areas in your home or business that are not currently getting a WiFi signal.
This is otherwise known as a dead zone. It may be that you have traveled out of reach for the WiFi router, or that you have a specific architectural feature in your home that is stopping the signal from getting through.
If there are places in your home or workspace where you are unable to get any signal, then you would certainly benefit from one of our top choices for best Wifi Extenders, as this can help you to revive any dead spots that you may encounter.
Wifi extenders can help you to deal with any dead spots, but if you are suffering from slow WiFi connections in various rooms throughout your home, then these slow speeds are often indicative that you could benefit from a Wifi booster.
A lot of homeowners accept the fact that they cannot access the speeds they want in certain rooms, or they try to avoid streaming video in those rooms so they don’t have to deal with the lag. You really shouldn’t be suffering, because you can easily use a WiFi booster to get more speed and faster download times.
A quality Wifi extender can offer almost instant improvement after the initial set up. And you might be surprised with how much of a low-cost option a Wifi extender can be when you look at the benefits.
Check out our favorite Wifi Extender
One of the best perks of a WiFi extender is that the setup can be accomplished without much complication. Quality wireless boosters can extend the overall range and performance from your current router, which can save you some coin in the long haul.
Without further delay, take a look at all the details below!
Top WIFI Boosters Comparison Chart
Best WIFI Extender and Booster
NETGEAR Orbi Tri-band Whole Home WiFi Booster[/caption] The Netgear Orbi Tri-band Mesh WiFi System can provide you with a great level of coverage to your garage, your yard, or even your pool.
This extender will work with any AC router and it will extend your WiFi up to a whopping 6,000 feet.
While that is a huge area of coverage, the Orbi Wifi system allows you to add more satellites to your spread and gain an additional 2,000 sq. ft. with each WiFi extender. That’s personalized customization that meets any variety of Wifi needs.
Orbi have created a seamless network so you can easily work outdoors or indoors without having to experience signal drops or even interruptions. It’s got tri-band mesh technology, and this gives you the fastest internet speeds available.
The great thing about this WiFi booster is that you don’t need to have any kind of professional installation, and you even get a stand and wall mount. The Orbi app allows you to set up and manage your Wifi system with custom parental controls, website filters, or even speed test.
All of this essentially adds up to provide fast and smooth Wifi, giving you a seamless experience regardless of where in the house you are.
If you plan to use this extender outdoors, then you can easily use the ambient nightlight. The LED lights are at the bottom and this will light up the area without any hassle or fuss.
With a very easy setup, it’s safe to say that this is one of the best options out there.
So what else do you need to know about the Orbi outdoor satellite extender? You should know that it’s got a dedicated triband backhaul, which opens up additional bands to maximize bandwidth and speed. Overall, your devices will give you a much stronger connection.
You will be able to punch through any exterior walls and your WiFi speeds will be way faster if you have a detached structure, such as a garage or even a pool house.
If you love to play music or if you want to stream video in your man cave, then you’ll soon find that this makes it all more than possible.
- Tri-band backhaul a dedicated band between your Orbi router and satellite frees up the other two bands for maximum speed to your devices
- Works with all internet providers replace your existing wi-fi router and extender separate modem or gateway required compatible with any internet provider including cable satellite fiber DSL and more
- Wired Ethernet port & fast wireless speed 1 Gigabit Ethernet port and AC2200 Wi-Fi powers up to 22 Gbps of streaming HD video gaming or Internet surfing and downloads
- Parental controls Pause device internet access, view site history, usage and filter websites for free Set online time limits schedule device internet access and more for 499 month 1st month free trial
- Advanced cyber threat protection NETGEAR armor powered by bitdefender is network wide anti virus anti malware, fraud, phishing ransomware security on an unlimited of devices for a 30 day free trial 6999 a year
Do you want to experience WiFi like never before?
Then you’ll certainly want to think about investing in the TP-Link Deco Mesh WIFI extender.
Deco M5 uses tech to cover your entire home with a very powerful WiFi signal. You have multiple units which all work together seamlessly and you can also create a home network like never before.
You can say goodbye to dead zones and you will also find that you can cover 5,500 square foot too.
You will be able to take advantage of high-speed WiFi as well because the system can easily keep over 100 devices connected at once.
With the Deco M5, you can go from room to room with your smartphone or tablet and this will help you to stay connected with ease.
The Deco M5 is the best WiFi extender if you want something for indoor use, and it also protects you from viruses and malware too. The system makes it very easy for your friends and family to connect, and this is ideal if you want to have the best WiFi experience overall.
What’s even more interesting is that the Deco M5 adjusts automatically, so when you add devices or when you walk throughout the house, you will easily be able to avoid dropping your speed.
The device can be set up in a matter of minutes, and it works with any modern ISP or modem.
You should know that it can be paired up with Alexa, and this gives you the chance to control the Deco with a simple voice command.
In a few taps, you can monitor all of your settings at home or even when you are out of the house. This is all very good, and you would be surprised at the level of functionality it can offer.
- If you're looking to ditch your traditional router extender setup for a whole Home Wi-Fi system, put the TP-Link Deco M5 Wi-Fi system on your short list PC mag said
- Better coverage than traditional Wi-Fi routers: Deco M5 uses 3 units working seamlessly to create a mesh network that can cover homes up to 5,500 square feet. No dead zone anymore
- Seamless and Stable Wi-Fi: Rather than Wi-Fi range extender that need multiple network names and passwords, Deco M5 allows you to enjoy seamless roaming throughout the house, with a single network name and password
- TP-Link unique Adaptive routing technology automatically chooses the fastest path for every device and allows for more flexible placement than a satellite system
- Secure Wi-Fi Mesh Network: Protect your network and connected devices with a free lifetime subscription to TP-Link HomeCare featuring Next-level Antivirus, Robust Parental Controls, and QoS
The Gryphon Advance Smart Mesh booster is ideal if you want to boost the performance of your smartphone.
The only thing that you need to do is download the app and then follow the step-by-step instructions. This will give you the chance to completely set up and secure your network and you may even find that you can manage all of your parental controls too.
If you want to manage your devices and protect them from hackers, then you’ll see that this is very easy to do as well.
An impressive feature offered from this WiFi range extender is its 24/7 protection service.
You’ll get security updates which tell you about the latest threats and you will also get a built-in ad blocker too. With intelligent detection and malware, it’s safe to say that you can easily get access to intrusion detection and malware filtering protection too.
This is of course, all included in the Advanced Subscription. This is free for the first year but then you will need to pay for it after. The total price is $80 a year.
Of course, this WiFi extender is one of the best on the market and it comes with brilliant parental controls too.
You will be able to manage and protect your kids when they browse online and you also have a smartphone app which allows you to view your browsing history and even set homework times.
The ability to suspend the internet use at any time is fantastic and this is certainly something that you’ll want to look into.
This WiFi booster is truly a great buy if you want to protect your kids without having to worry about imposing too many measures..
- SIMPLE SETUP & EASY MANAGEMENT W/ SMARTPHONE - Just download the Gryphon app and follow the easy step by step instructions to setup your Secure Network! The app lets you manage your parental controls and all connected devices to keep it protected from hackers, and more!
- UNMATCHED PROTECTION & SECURITY - 24/7 protection while you sleep, Daily security updates to prevent the latest threats, AD Blocker, Scans all devices including IoT's for vulnerabilities, Intelligent Intrusion Detection & Malware Filtering Protection by ESET Technology - Included in the Advanced Internet Protection Subscription which is Free for the 1st Year, then Optionally $79/yr. Take your Advance Security with you on the Go, w/ our Gryphon HomeBound Service, Free 90 Day Trial Included!
- BRILLIANT PARENTAL CONTROLS - Manage & Protect your kids online with our Easy to use free smartphone app which includes features such as content filtering, view browsing history, set bedtimes/homework times, limit screen time, enforce safe search, safe youtube, and suspend the internet anytime! Take your Parental Control System on the Go w/ our Gryphon HomeBound Service, First 3 Months are Free, then optionally $4.99/mo thereafter w/ up to 5 devices simultaneously.
- POWERFUL PERFORMING SMART MESH WIFI EXPANDABLE SYSTEM - Stream content, play games online, download files, browse the web, all simultaneously with 6 high powered antennas, 4x4 MU-MIMO, Antenna Beamforming, 3Gbps fast throughput, 802.11bgn & AC3000, 2.4GHz & 5GHz (x2), Tri-Band Radio. Take advantage of Mesh Wifi with additional units.
- MONSTER WIFI COVERAGE - Gryphon 2 Pack covers up to 6000 sqft of wall to wall coverage using the latest Wireless Mesh Technology. Extend your coverage with additional units - Each unit includes 1 Year Hardware Warranty w/ Telephone Technical Support - 90 Day Money Back Satisfaction Guarantee - *One 2 Pack is the same as Two 1 Packs. Get 2 and Save.*
The Meshforce Wifi booster harnesses all of the latest tech, so you can feel confident knowing that you are going to be getting the best speeds without compromise.
If you have never thought about investing in a system like this before then now would be the time for you to change your mind.
When you replace the WiFi system you have now with this one, you will soon find that you can take advantage of a flawless and flexible solution and you can also support up to 60 devices simultaneously.
It also works as a smart hub for your PC and for your TV as well. When you invest in the Meshforce Whole Home WiFi Signal Extender, you will soon find that you can cover more than 4,000 square feet.
You also have a single WiFi name for your home. This long range WiFi extender makes it easier than ever for you to add more M3 dots and you can even use the wall-plug to eliminate any dead spots.
You should know that it’s super easy to set up and manage. You can manage your connections and even your network right from your device or you can manage it remotely if you want.
Secure connections to your smart home will ultimately mean that your WiFi access is more supported and you can welcome your guests into your isolated WiFi zone.
This range extender for WiFi means that you have control in the palm of your hand, as you can manage your kids’ IT usage with ease.
- Meshforce’s Flagship Mesh WiFi: Here is M3s Mesh WiFi System upgraded from MeshForce M1 and M3, equipped with all gigabit ethernet and even greater coverage. The dual band WiFi creates a super powerful wireless network for entire home. Capable for up to 60 devices so everyone can enjoy seamless, flawless and fast Internet.
- Your WiFi Jumps to Next Level: A true router replacement, as well as the wireless technology. With all new mesh WiFi technology, relax and enjoy seamless & secured single-SSID WiFi, just walk across your home and full WiFi all the time. 6+ bedrooms coverage and extension available, from basement to living room, door to backyard. Whole home, stay connected.
- Quick and Simple Setup: With My Mesh mobile app, setup your new M3s WiFi system in only 10 minutes. Remote management allows you see and control the WiFi status even when you are outside. Guest WiFi, parental control and more advanced features, discover in the App.
- Gigabit, Flexible, Secure: For the first time, M3s deploys full gigabit ethernet and more powerful wireless broadcasting performance. Also compatible with MeshForce M1 point and M3 dot, so you can extend the range with more choices.
- Easy management at your fingertips: Simple but smart app helps you to see connected devices, creates isolated guest WiFi zone, manage your kids' Internet access by device and period.
Linksys Velop Home Mesh WIFI system will give you the chance to eliminate any connection issues while also giving you everything you need to speed things up in general.
If you are sick and tired of losing your connection when you go outside or even when you go to the bathroom then you can say goodbye to all of that, by simply investing in the Linksys Velop Home Mesh System.
This is a WiFi router replacement and it will give your entire home a good amount of mesh coverage. The bundle you get will include a Tri Band Node and 2 Dual Band Nodes.
It’s more suited to bigger homes, which are 5 bedrooms plus, and it can suit larger story-homes too. This is the case up to 5,000 square feet.
When you invest in this, you will soon find that you have a WiFi option which can more than support 4K streaming and gaming.
This is all fantastic as it means that you can get the viewing experience you have always wanted without having to worry about a thing.
The Linksys app makes it easier than ever for you to get started, and the connectivity speeds are second to none.
- Wi-Fi router replacement provides whole home mesh coverage
- Bundle includes (1) Tri band node and (2) Dual band nodes
- Ideal for large, 5+ bedroom multi story homes (up to 5,000 square feet)
- Provides fast, reliable Wi-Fi coverage for 4K streaming, gaming and more
- Connects to your existing modem from any ISP (replaces router)
Top WIFI Extender Features To Consider
Wired backbone vs. Wifi Mesh
The first thing that you need to look out for is whether the device is a wired backbone or WiFi mesh.
If you have a mesh, then this will connect to your router and it will then repeat the signal to the other area.
The main issue with this approach is the wireless repeater will connect to the router, and then the devices at the same time.
In other words, you get 50% less of your bandwidth. The further away you are, the less bandwidth you get, so keep this in mind. Wired WiFi extenders take a very different approach.
They use a wired connection which saves all of the bandwidth for your devices. This results in a signal that is as fast and as strong as possible.
Another thing that you need to do is check to see what speeds are supported by the booster. Does it support the latest standard?
It should be noted that 802.11ac delivers speeds that are up to 3 times faster when compared to wireless N, so if you are streaming HD video or if you want to try and play games online without any glitching or lagging then this is something that you’ll want to look into.
You need to make sure that the booster you’re getting is dual-band.
The best extenders will offer 2.4GHZ and 5GHZ. Why is this so important? 2.4GHZ is the original band for WiFi and this is crowded with a lot of devices.
This can include microwaves, baby monitors and even your house phone. The 5GHZ option is much cleaner.
It’s recommended that you use the 5GHZ for your home theater, and then use 2.4GHZ for your normal day to day streaming.
If you have a dual-band then this will give you a lot of different options and it will also give you the option to have the smoothest experience overall.