Disclaimer: We may receive a commission for products purchased through some links in this article.
Best Negative Ion Generators Reviewed
You might be somewhat shocked with the scientific findings surrounding negative ion generators. I was. From major effects on heart and lung disease, to metabolic alterations in serotonin levels and the ability to recovery from illness, air ionizers authentically advocate for your health.
That’s just the tip of the iceberg. Today’s best negative ion generators offer authentically unique health benefits that are incredibly desirable as well as scientifically proven.
Negative ion generators charge and bind together particulates in the air. As ionized particulates cluster together, they precipitate out of the air. Along with pollen, mold, dust and dander, air ionizers have also been shown effective against viruses and bacteria.
Top Air Ionizer Benefits
- Air Purification – Long term exposure to particulates in the air are known contributors to cardiovascular and pulmonary diseases, as well as a variety of negative health effects including respiratory infection, asthma, bronchitis, and emphysema. Air ionizers are often combined with air filtration and purification systems to produce localized areas of high-quality air. For those already suffering from severe allergies, or cardiovascular and pulmonary disease, a negative ion generator effectively reduces the effects of those conditions.
- Health Benefits – The presence of negative ions has long been associated with improvements in mood and physical health. Researchers have shown that negative ions protect the body from a multitude of physical stressors that lead to illness, among other technical physiologic effects.
- Odor Fighting – Infused odors that have settled into fabrics and porous materials are notoriously difficult to expel. Fighting pet dander, smoke, and cooking odors with a negative ion generator is a very effective approach that provides good results.
Top Ionic Purifier Comparison Chart
Best Ionic Air Purifier
If you’re looking for a quality air ionizer, then this unit from Green Air is definitely a worthy contender – the unit is impeccably constructed, and is highly effective at achieving its intended goals.
The list of things that Green Encore air purifier can do is undoubtedly impressive, and should be suitable for the majority of needs – especially given that it offers coverage up to 1000 square feet.
Thanks to the presence of IonCluster technology and a True HEPA filter, air purification is simple to achieve: unpleasant odors can be removed from your home with minimal effort, along with pollen, pet dander, dust, and similar allergens.
What’s more, this ionizer machine also removes potentially harmful VOCs such as Formaldehyde and Benzene to ensure that the air in your home undergoes a thorough detox every time the unit is used.
A three-stage advanced filter is used to enhance efficacy, the first of which is washable – so keeping the unit in top condition should be straightforward. You’ll also be prompted to change the HEPA and carbon filters as and when required, so you can be sure the unit is always performing at an optimal level.
The unit is also easy to live with; there are four different operating modes, including settings that can help ensure the quietest possible operation – it’s more than possible to leave this unit on overnight without fear of disturbing sleeping family members.
If you’re looking for a reliable, high-quality, and multifunctional machine, then this excellent unit from Green Air should be able to meet, and even exceed, all of your expectations.
- Three-stage advanced purifier system with True HEPA and Odor fighting filter technology. Non-Ozone based air purifier.
- IonCluster Technology to purify the air, and help control odors
- Air quality color changing light ring and automatic air filter change indicator
- Four operating modes (AUTO, FAN, NIGHT, SILENT)
- Energy Efficient, Whisper Quiet Operation, Covers up to 1000 sq. ft.
The Biota Bot is an ionizer air purifier that has clearly been designed with usability and impressive features as the main concern, with the intention of covering every possible requirement in order to deliver a complete experience to the end user.
First, there is the quality and top tier functionality – and there’s plenty to appreciate in this regard.
Designed for rooms up to 430 square feet, the unit removes dust, hair, and mold particles with the help of an elementary and HEPA filter, both of which can be cleaned with a vacuum in order to maintain full efficacy (though, as with most air purifiers, the filters will also need to be completely replaced at times).
In addition, the UV Sterilizing Function is capable of killing bacteria, while the activated carbon filter reduces unpleasant odors. Essentially, the unit provides everything you could possibly expect from one of the best air ionizers currently available.
The unit’s performance can also be tailored to suit your own personal preferences. Use the Auto setting to activate a sensor that monitors the air quality in a room. If all is well, the unit will show a blue light. Purple and red lights, however, indicate that the air needs to be purified – a process that begins automatically, without any further input necessary from you. When the purification is complete, the light will change to blue, and you can enjoy the resulting clean air.
Alternatively, if you’d prefer to manually control the unit, you can use the timer settings to purify the air for a single hour or for two, four, or eight-hour periods at a time. When the filter needs to be replaced – a requirement that you will be alerted to by both a flashing light and a chime – making the change is quick and straightforward, so the device can return to working order in no time at all.
Finally, it would be impossible to discuss this unit in the running for the title of best air purifier without mentioning one of its more unique benefits: the Biota Bot is rather stylish, with an attractive shape and suitable-for-any-decor black exterior. It will sit unobtrusively in the corner of a room, its clever design belying its outstanding ability to decontaminate your home successfully every time it is in use.
No products found.
There are, in total, five different ways that this Ivation machine can improve indoor air quality – hence the “5-in-1” descriptor that is included in the title. The unit includes a HEPA filter, as well as a germicidal UV lamp that provides excellent sterilization.
However, perhaps the most notable of all amongst the five core functions is the fact that the unit is negative ion generator, actively working to capture dust (and other particles) in order to remove them from the environment.
Importantly, the machine also functions as an ozone generator, which means it is always best to check with a doctor before using this device. If suitable for you, ozone generation is a great way to completely neutralize odors and keep your home smelling pleasantly fresh.
When a machine is capable of doing so much, there can often be an unfortunate side effect: it becomes difficult to control and maintain. Thankfully, Ivation have managed to avoid this concern entirely with this model.
Cleaning is a breeze, as both the ozone plates and the fan grill can be removed and cleaned using water and detergent. The sound generated during operation is very reasonable, especially when the fan speed is on the lowest setting, so there’s no need to worry about being distracted when it is in use.
Controlling the features is also uncomplicated; both the HEPA ionizer and the ozone generation settings can be altered via the two knobs on the front of the unit.
Overall, this unit is a fantastic all-rounder that goes above and beyond the basics in terms of features, and should be of special interest to those who live in larger homes thanks to its ability to provide coverage of up to 3,700 square feet.
- THIS PRODUCT DOES NOT MEET CALIFORNIA AIR CLEANER REGULATION REQUIREMENTS: CANNOT BE SHIPPED TO CALIFORNIA - ALL-IN-ONE AIR PURIFIER – item IVAOZAP04 Cleans, Freshens, Filters & Eliminates Dust & Airborne Contaminants for a More Comfortable Breathing Experience in Home or Office
- POWERFUL OZONE GENERATOR – Electrical Charge Converts Oxygen to Ozone for Clean-Smelling Effect; Removes Odors Caused by Smoke, Pets, Food, Paint, Etc.
- NEGATIVE ION TECHNOLOGY – Releases Positively Charged Particles to Minimize Dust, Dander, Mold Spores, Pollen & Other Common Indoor Allergens & Pollutants
- 5-IN-1 AIR FILTRATION – Multilayer Design Delivers Max Purification; Ozonator, HEPA Filter, Activated Carbon Filter, Photocatalytic Filter & Ultraviolet Germicidal Lamp
- EASY TO CLEAN & OPERATE – Unit Features Beautiful Cherry Wood Exterior, Removable Fan Grill & Control Knobs to Adjust Ozonator & Ionizer/UV/Fan Speed
The Biota Bot is as a “desktop” model, so – as you would expect – it is relatively small and compact. Its size and lightweight design enhances the usability significantly; if you want to unplug it and move it to another room, then you can do so with ease.
However, while the model is small when compared to other options, this does not mean that it is lacking for power or efficiency in any way. The device is listed as being medical grade, and can successfully purify the air of spaces up to 160 square feet in total.
Owing to the integration of an elementary filter and a True HEPA filter, particles such as household dust, pet hair, and mold spores can be dramatically reduced; in fact, Biota Bot claim that up to 99.97% of particles will be filtered when the device is in use.
As well as removing these often-problematic particles, the activated carbon filter and nano-mineral crystal filter work to tackle odors such as smoke, as well as removing pollutants such as Formaldehyde from the air.
In terms of operation, the unit does all you would hope; you can adjust between high and low fan settings as needed, and the timer functionality ensures additional convenience. Furthermore, this desktop Biota Bot also offers energy saving benefits; when it detects that the air in a room has been sufficiently purified, it will default to an energy-saving idle mode – a particularly nice touch that helps to make an already-excellent device that little bit better.
No products found.
This negative ion generator from Twin Air is a device that is very focused on achieving its main purpose. There are no additional filters to contend with or add-on features to use; but if you are looking to increase the negative ions in a room, then there’s no doubt this clever device can achieve this goal with aplomb.
The manufacturers state that the Twin Air will deliver 200 million ions per cc – enough to provide incredible benefits to the air quality of any room it is used in. You can also make sure that these negative ions can be enjoyed with complete safety, as the device has an in-built overheat protection; should it activate, unplug, let it cool, and it should be ready to use again within ten minutes.
The design of this device really sets it apart from other models – compete with a silver finish, is very unique and looks pleasingly retrofuturistic. However, while it may look like something out of the Jetsons, the unit actually couldn’t be easier to to maintain – especially given that there is no need to be concerned with replacing filters regularly; instead, negative ions are generated from the twin heads alone.
The focus on ensuring simplicity continues with how the device performs. Requiring just 22 watts of power – which helps to ensure an almost-silent operation, – and with no need to select a program, you can just plug it in and then let the negative ions flow.
Here is a video review of the NaturAir Ionic Air Purifier:
The Twin Air Pro may not be the most multifunctional option on the market, but there’s always something to be said for a device that focuses on performing a single function, and ensuring it is done well. There is no doubt that if you are seeking a device that emits negative ions, then this streamlined option will more than meet your needs.
- Trillions of ions released per second with the measurement at 12 inches being over 200 million ions/cc.
- Produces no ozone or positive ions
- Covers 640 square feet
- Requires a minimum space of 12 inches to the back, sides and top of the ionizer with the front facing open air.
- 1 Year Warranty