Disclaimer: We may receive a commission for products purchased through some links in this article.
Best Infrared Sauna Blankets Reviewed
If you have ever walked away from the spa wishing you could bring that experience home with you, then an infrared sauna blanket might have piqued your interest. Sauna blankets are convenient and charming units that offer all the benefits of penetrating infrared heat.
The best infrared sauna blankets are truly optimized for exceptional performance in the convenience of your home. But they also remain affordable and can save you significantly when compared to traveling to the spa.
When considering exposure to EMF, infrared sauna blankets are unique. While they set up and store away much easier than a larger portable sauna, their direct contact with your body presents a potential increase of EMF exposure.
Thankfully our pick for the top sauna blanket produces very low EMF readings of 1.25 mG; far below the International Agency for Research on Cancer recommendation of 4 mG.
With thats said, even though our favorite infrared sauna blanket is low EMF, if you have EMF sensitivities then you might do well by reading our low EMF infrared sauna reviews, which will help to further minimize your EMF exposure with similar benefits.
You can check out the sauna blanket comparison chart below for a quick look, and fast answers to your questions. We already mentioned low EMF considerations, but for all the other details that make one sauna blanket better than the next, see our top 5 sauna blanket reviews detailed below.
Check Out “The Doctors” Segment On IR Heating Blankets
Top FIR Sauna Cover Comparison Chart
Best Infrared Heating Covers
Gizmo Supply has been in the business of creating sauna-mimicking blankets for some time. This latest version is the third in a long line of products the company developed over the last few years and comes packed with some of the most up-to-date features yet.
Gizmo Supply markets its Infrared FIR Sauna Blanket as a device that you can use to rejuvenate your body from the inside out. The blanket comes with powerful infrared thermal generators that heat your body all over attempting to recreate the sauna experience, but with none of the usual expense.
Perhaps the most exciting thing about this product is the effort that Gizmo Supply has put into safety. Unlike the majority of companies, they haven’t just outsourced the production of the components to a third-party and assumed that they know what they’re doing. Instead, the brand oversees every aspect of the manufacturing process, making sure that it conforms to its high standards. Nothing gets past their quality control system. They check parts during every step of the fabrication process.
Version 3.0 of the blanket shown here features a range of improvements over prior iterations. There’s an option on the control panel, for instance, to select individual heating zones, including the upper body, waist, and lower body. And there’s also impressive temperature variability. Users can change the setting from a low of 77 F up to a maximum of 176 F – about the limit of most regular saunas.
We highly recommend this sauna blanket, as it is ideal for the person who wants both the beautifying and detoxification benefits that infrared sauna blankets offer.
All things considered, this sauna blanket is plenty warm enough for even the more die-hard enthusiasts. It offers all the features you would expect to find in a quality sauna blanket. It’s definitely worthy of consideration if you are in the market for an infrared sauna blanket.
- Water proof and made of soft material with flexible tensile capabilities even in various sleeping position. The Heating wire is design to withstand any stretches or bends. Outside the unit is made of top grade PU material, inside is waterproof PVC.
- Three independent heating zones can be selected individually, upper body, waist section, and lower body. Temp adjustable from 77 to 176 degrees Fahrenheit (30-80 Celsius)
- Convenient and easy to use. You can use this in the comfort of your own home or office.
- Easy to store and put away after usage, very compact.
- Blanket Size: 170cm/66 inches/5.5foot(Length) by 83 cm/32 inches/2.7foot(Width), 110V
When ETE was designing the ETMATE sauna blanket, it’s clear that they wanted to create something that was highly scientifically advanced. Everything about this product, from the PU construction to the thermal sensitivity, is high-tech, creating a uniquely customizable experience.
The company immediately communicates the power of using its blankets. It says that 30 minutes in the pouch is equivalent to running for an hour, cycling for 60 minutes, or swimming lengths. And not only does it boost slimming, but also immunity and muscle tension to boot!
The thing that makes the ETE ETMATE special is the waterproofing material. The company knows (and expects) that you’ll sweat a great deal while using its product. For that reason, ETE uses PU on all the parts of the blanket that come into contact with your skin. None of the sweat absorbs into the fabric or interferes with the wiring. The material keeps it entirely separate.
The ETE ETMATE also has a variety of safety features that prevent overheating. The blanket, for instance, comes with a sensor that automatically cuts the power if the temperature goes above 85 C (only 15 degrees lower than the boiling point of water). Furthermore, it comes with a series of fuses that will automatically trip the switch if they detect that the blanket has warmed up too much or is drawing excess current.
The ETE ETMATE, therefore, is for the individual who wants to feel completely safe and secure while using their sauna blanket. While it doesn’t offer as many features as some of the other products on this list, it does make use of the latest technologies and materials to provide a spa-like experience.
So far, we’ve spent a lot of time discussing mid-range sauna blankets – products capable of reaching temperatures around the 85 degree mark before cutting out. While 85 C might be below the boiling point of water, it’s still sweltering. Some users prefer a wider range of settings that offer the possibility of shorter sessions with less sweltering temperatures.
For this reason, Healthy Home Helper takes a more customizable approach. It’s control panel device starts at 77℉ and tops out at 158℉. Few people will want settings higher than this – and certainly not for 30 minutes at a time. But the wider range offers more fine tuning to get exactly what you want in a sauna blanket.
Perhaps the most exciting aspect of the Healthy Home Helper blanket is its fat-burning feature. Here Healthy Home Helper claims that its sauna will burn fat on your body, producing a range of harmless byproducts, such as water and carbon dioxide. The company also says that you can lose weight and detox after just fifteen minutes in the blanket – there’s no need to wait a full hour if you don’t have time.
The Healthy Home Helper FIR Sauna Blanket, therefore, is a product aimed at the convenience market. The brand is targeting people who want something that they only have to use for a few minutes each day, instead of having to commit to long sessions. It is for those who lead busy lives and need a short and snappy experience.
Healthy Home Helper also pushes the envelope when it comes to the robustness of the material it uses too. A layer of canvas (like you might find on a modern tent) covers the surface of the blanket, allowing you to twist, stretch, or fold it any way you like. This feature is helpful if you plan to put the blanket into storage for long periods, or take it with you on holiday.
The VANELL Far-Infrared Sauna Blanket is a do-it-all product from a brand with extensive experience in the industry. Out of the box, you get everything you need, including a blanket, power wire, fuses, manual, mainframe computer, remote control, and a fifty-pack of plastic sheeting.
Like many of the other products discussed here, the VANELL allows you to adjust the temperature from 86 F to 176 F and set the timer from 15 minutes to one hour. The primary purpose of this blanket is to provide stress relief for stiff and sore muscles, making it the perfect go-to after you’ve been training. The product also features two temperature zones that you can control individually, as well as a fuse that cuts the power to the blanket within 0.01 seconds of detecting a problem.
Two things stand out about this product. The first is the bright pink color. VANELL squarely targets this product at women. The second and perhaps more important aspect is the fact that the brand chose to supply plastic sheeting with the product – enough for fifty separate sessions.
The other designs we’ve looked at here all use some form of sweat mitigation technology incorporated into the blanket itself. The VANELL doesn’t. Instead, users must first insert a plastic pouch into the cavity of the blanket before switching it on.
You can see the advantages of this approach single-use approach. People don’t want to have to go to the fuss of cleaning their sauna blanket equipment. They’d much prefer to whip out the old plastic liner and replace it with a new one for every new session. And that’s precisely what the VANELL allows you to do.
So who is this blanket for? Primarily VANELL is targeting the busy professional woman who doesn’t have time to wash and clean her sauna. It is for the person who wants convenience.
- ░░Sauna Blanket Principle: Heat Sauna Blanket with Infrared Heating -Using the unique penetrating power of the body, it can absorb far-infrared rays. When these rays penetrate the skin, the deep thermal effects of the subcutaneous tissue cause blood vessels and capillaries to dilate, thus promoting better blood circulation and helping speed up metabolism
- ░░Sauna Blanket Multi-Function: This also great for stress relief score joints and stiff muscles. Relaxing for shoulder, hip and waist, back and legs (Please operate in strict accordance with the instructions. If you have any questions, please contact us)
- ░░Upgrade Sauna Blanket Security features: with the security protection switch. When there is a circuit problem, the switch will automatically disconnect within 0.01 seconds to protect your safety.85°（185℉） abnormal protection, if the temperature is not controlled and continue to heat when added to 85° （185℉）, the machine will automatically disconnect the line, stop heating, and alarm for one minute (Drip)
- ░░Sauna Blanket Upgrade Version Material: Outside is the second generation environmental protection Oxford cloth material, no odor, waterproof lighter and softer. inside is waterproof PVC, even in different sleep positions, also has a flexible stretching ability. temperature adjustable from 86℉ to 176℉, time setting from 15 to 60 min., infrared dry heating, 2 zone-temperature control.
- ░░*IMPORTANT* Safety Tips: can be worn thin cotton pajamas or bathroom bags to collect sweat, can also use bath towels, clean up with wet cloth twisted dry wipe. To avoid the blankets from sticking together, you have to smooth out the blanket when it is heating, do not fold the blanket until it cools, and do not set the temperature too high or turn it on for a long time
When it comes to figuring out how to deal with the problem of sweating, HUKOER has some good ideas with its far-infrared blanket. The brand uses a particular type of Oxford cloth material, which it claims is waterproof, releases no odors, and is softer on your skin than the alternatives. When you want to clean the blanket, all you need to do is whip out a dry cloth and wipe up the sweat – it is that easy. There’s no need to wash clean or fumigate – the material takes care of everything for you.
HUKOER targets their FIR blanket at a slightly different group of people to the other two brands that we’ve seen so far. There’s less emphasis on infrared sauna weight loss and more on health.
The way the blanket works is surprisingly simple. As the elements warm up, they emit long-wave infrared radiation, a form of invisible light that penetrates tissue deep inside the body, causing blood vessels to open up and improving circulation. This action, in turn, makes you feel as if you have just been to the gym or gone for a two-hour run. It can have a profound effect that it has on the core of your body. You feel radically rejuvenated after a session using the product.
The focus of the HUKOER, therefore, is on feeling better overall. Those with sore muscles and stiff joints can experience a kind of “detox” and pain relief that they might not be able to get from anywhere else. It is a kind of alternative therapy.
As with the other products on this list, there are some manufacturer-imposed restrictions on who should use them. If you’re pregnant, you should avoid sauna blankets until after the birth. Similarly, if you have high blood pressure or heart disease, then this blanket might not be for you.
If, however, you’re somebody who spends a lot of time sitting down or doing repetitive manual work, then the unique healing action of the blanket may be useful. It could help you eliminate sore joints or excess weight.
- Working Principle: Far Infrared rays has the deep penetrating ability ability to penetrate, refract, radiate and reflect.
- Nice Material: Outside are top grade PU material, inside are waterproof PVC with flexible tensile capabilities ,The whole part of the blanket will be hot.
- Safety Feature: When an abnormality occurs the line is automatically disconnected, heating is stopped, and an alarm is issued for 1 minute. It is forbidden to fold and heat.
- How It Work: Through controller to adjust the temperature from 35-75 Celsius, The time can set up from 15-60 min.Battery is not included in the remote control .
- Safety Tips: Pregnant women, hypertension more than 180, severe heart disease and other major diseases are strictly prohibited. You have to smooth out the blanket when it is heating.