Disclaimer: We may receive a commission for products purchased through some links in this article.
Best EMF Protection Cell Phone Cases Reviewed
Who doesn’t have a smart phone these days? I bet you can count them on one hand.
The advancement of technology is showing no signs of slowing, and wireless forms of communication are becoming more prevalent every day. That breakthrough in telecommunications has presented a lot of good reasons to be diligent about radiation protection.
Since so many of us carry our smart phones with us, one of the most effective tools at your disposal is to use an EMF blocking phone case. Of course, to do that you first need to sort through all the manufacturers claims of making the best EMF protection cell phone cases.
That’s why Multi Purpose EMF brings you our top picks for EMF protection cell phone cases.
There are a lot of cell phones on the market so that’s why we here at ECO EMF purposely selected cases for cell phone radiation protection that will fit the most popular cell phones on today’s market. All the details are covered below, but you can also look over our quick comparison chart for fast answers.
It doesn’t matter what the piece of protective gear is, whether you’re talking about EMF Guards for Wifi Router, Filters for Dirty Electricity, or in this case EMF Protectors for a Cell Phone, we want a tool that preforms it’s job well, be durable to last the test of time, and hopefully not break the bank while we’re at it!
We also sought to provide different levels of signal blocking in the cases we reviewed. Some cases act as a faraday phone case, which completely block cellular signals, while others are designed to allow cellular function while blocking EMF radiation from the front of the cell phone. In the end, which EMF protection cell phone case appeals to you will depend on what level of cell phone radiation protection you want, as well a it’s appearance, among other things.
Ok, so lets discuss some of the benefits and important considerations when you’re pondering cell phone radiation protection.
Top EMF Blocking Phone Case Benefits
- Signal Blocking – Blocking signals when you don’t want data transfers occurring is more important than many folks realize. That’s exactly why faraday bags, pouches and cases are a mainstay of federal and governmental agencies worldwide. Active Wi-Fi allows your cell phone to connect to any Wi-Fi router or receiver that comes within range. Hackers are known to use these involuntary connections to access data that you would otherwise keep confidential.
- EMF Shielding – The dangers of EMF exposure are still being sorted out by the scientific community, but EMF sensitivities and potential risks have long been documented. EMF protection cell phone cases provide a measure of anti-radiation protection that serves to greatly reduce your exposure during cell phone use.
- Trusted Technology – It’s important that you find a quality EMF blocking phone case that doesn’t pass off bogus claims that are not true. Lab testing and a willingness to submit to scientific scrutiny are good indicators that a manufacturer is pursuing transparency and legitimacy.
- Identity Protection – Identity theft has become so widespread that it is an economic industry all of it’s own. One of the big benefits of signal blocking phone cases also applies to credit cards which use RFID chips to transmit data. You’ll notice a few of the cases we reviewed also provide built-in wallets that protect your financial information from prying eyes.
Top Cell Phone Radiation Shield Comparison
Best EMF Protection Cell Phone Case
One of the higher budget EMF Protection Cell Phone Cases on the market, the Silent Pocket is designed with anti-hacking and anti-tracking in mind, offering a mobile cybersecurity measure.
The design is based on the Faraday Cage system, which has been trusted to block electromagnetic fields in scientific and governmental agencies, such as providing emission security for computers used by both the US government and NATO.
It blocks a high range of wireless signals, including RFID, cellular signals such as 4G, unsecured Wi-Fi connections, GPS, radio, Bluetooth, and much more.
However, besides its cybersecurity applications, it also protects against EMF radiation (hence why we’re reviewing it here), electromagnetic pulses, solar flares, and electromagnetic interference. So, while it’s designed to secure your smartphone, it can help secure your health, as well.
Besides having effective cell phone radiation protection for you, it has quite a few convenient features for your phone that are worth considering as well. The case comes in both nylon and top grain cow leather, so you have the comfort and look of leather or the waterproof protection of a synthetic material at your disposal.
What’s more, the sleeve can be used for more than just your phone alone. This particular version can just as easily fit flip phones and key fobs. There are also larger and smaller versions available, suitable for larger smartphones, tablets, and even laptops, so no matter your device, Silent Pocket likely has something designed to suit you.
The Faraday cage design is undoubtedly effective. As soon as you slip it on, you will soon notice that external networks immediately lose connection with your phone. It’s always wise to try it out in an area that has 4G or Wi-Fi so you can get a look at its effectiveness. Add to that the fact that it’s sturdy with minimal flexing and seems more durable than some of the other offerings on the market and you have a high-quality cell phone radiation shield.
- TRUSTED BRAND & TECHNOLOGY: Silent Pocket is the only patented Faraday Bag / Faraday Cage system on the market. Our proprietary anti-hacking and anti-tracking wireless shielding technology is trusted by the US Government and Global Enterprise Companies. When it comes to your safety and data security, trust the best!
- VERSATILE, MODERN & CLEAN: Get off the grid in style. Choose from our modern looking smooth & durable waterproof nylon, or go with the professional and sleek black top grain cow leather. Both feature a convenient external non-shielded pocket with patented magnetic closure. Discretely branded with clean embossing and silicone labels.
- ONE SOLUTION, MANY DEVICES: Our Small faraday bag sleeve (15.5 x 9cm) is perfect for smartphones (iPhone 6/7/8/X/XS, Galaxy S), and flip phones or key fobs. Medium (19 x 11.5cm) will fit larger smartphones (iPhone 6/7/8 Plus/XR/XS Max, Galaxy S+, Galaxy Note). Also available in tablet, laptop, and keyfob sizes - see product description for details.
- BLOCKS ALL SIGNALS: Protect yourself from hacking, tracking, data extraction/wiping. 100% Signal Blocking Faraday Cage Technology shields against RFID, WIFI, Bluetooth, NFC, EMP, Solar Flare, Cellular, GPS, Radio - every signal type! Also provides EMF protection against the long term effects of EMF Radiation. See Product Guides and Documents below for more info on shielding and testing.
- QUALITY GUARANTEED: Our Faraday bag sleeves are made from the highest quality materials. Originally designed for law enforcement and forensic investigators to protect digital evidence, this technology is now available to all! 100% money back guarantee! Our California-based customer service team will help you with all your questions and concerns.
This particular cell phone radiation protection product does not work in the same way that Silent Pocket’s Faraday shield design does. It’s not built to secure your phone from outside signals, but rather is designed to protect solely from electromagnetic fields. This means you can still make calls and use your phone as normally as you would without it, just with a little extra safety.
This focus on convenience of use is shown through the front flap. When flipped open, you have access to the touch screen, as usual, but when you flip it closed, you get the benefits of blocking cell phone radiation even when making a call.
This EMF blocking phone case even has an impact resistant insert so that if you drop the phone or it falls from a desk, it’s got some cushioning to keep it safe.
The lab tested vegan leather and EMF shielding technology has been tested within a controlled and accredited FCC laboratory. In tests, it showed results of blocking up to 99% of radio frequency (RF) radiation and 92% of extremely low frequency (ELF) radiation, making it some of the finest radiation blocking technology on the market.
Aside from providing the protection you’re looking for, however, it’s just a highly convenient and rather stylish phone case. It comes in a range of designs and colors, and while we’re looking at the iPhone case here, there are variations that are suitable for just about any modern phone on the market.
Alongside its protective features, it has a built-in wallet for some convenient storage of your cards, as well as a kickstand that you can quickly open up so that you can set the phone down to watch videos, read, or use your phone hands-free however you like.
Just make sure to keep the protective flap closed when you’re making a call, to get the full benefits of that extensive anti-radiation shielding. Given the SafeSleeve’s comparatively low price, when lined up with some of the other offerings here, it’s hard to deny that it’s a good investment.
- LAB TESTED PROTECTION - FCC accredited lab tested shielding technology embedded in front flap blocks up to 99 percent of EMF cell phone radiation; The SafeSleeve EMF protection cell phone case for iPhone 8, iPhone 7 and iPhone 6 wallet case keeps you and your information safe.
- MILITARY GRADE SHIELDING - Integrated into the front flap, SafeSleeve's EMF Radiation Protection cell phone case includes the latest cellular radio frequency blocking technology, each iPhone case features robust material as a protective blocker against RFID thieves and EMF Radiation.
- BUILT-IN WALLET - Put that EMF protection cell phone case to use with a RFID blocking full wallet; the card holder area carries up to 4 credit or business cards, plus room for cash and additional documentation to keep safe.
- BUILT-IN STAND - Use your EMF Protection SafeSleeve's built-in kickstand to quickly prop up your phone for reading, video, and movie watching; if you've got a flat surface nearby, you can use your phone hands-free. Radiation protection for cell phones just got easier!
- VEGAN LEATHER - Rare among EMF protection cell phone cases, this vegan leather construction provides a rich, professional look while remaining free of animal products; the perfect iPhone 8, iPhone 7, and iPhone 6 case for men and women. Feel confident knowing you're using a stylish cruelty free EMF protecting cell phone case.
Like SafeSleeve’s product, the RadiArmor cell phone case is made of real vegan leather, so immediately you know you’re getting a durable, tough material that’s sustainably produced.
What’s more important, however, is that the materials inside provide some of the highest degrees of radiation protection you can hope for.
One of the things I appreciate in particular is that RadiArmor admit that the material used is lab tested to block 99.1% of EMF radiation. However, they’re fully aware that real-life conditions don’t always mimic lab conditions. In fact, they rarely do. So, they make it perfectly clear that when you’re making a live call with the protective flap closed over, the percentage of EMF radiation protection is actually closer to 91%.
Given that many manufacturers don’t state what their live use protection rate is, it’s very much appreciated that RadiArmor are being so transparent about the results you can expect. Indeed, I wager it would be hard to find a higher rate of live protection.
Besides the EMF protection, the case also offers RFID (or radio frequency identification) protection for your credit and debit cards. It has 3 card slots that stop anyone from accessing the digital data encoded on the RFID tags on your cards, which can potentially be used to access your financial details otherwise. The inner compartment can even sort a little cash, which is always handy.
In terms of design, it’s a nice tight fit on the phone we tried it with, so there won’t be too much moving around inside the case. You just need to make sure that you get the right one for your phone.
- OVERVIEW: This anti-radiation iPhone XR compatible wallet case is meticulously crafted from durable vegan leather and lined with our proprietary EMF blocking technology that blocks over 99% of high frequency RF and millimeter wave 5G technology.
- LAB TESTED: Lab tested in a certified and independent laboratory, RadiArmor’s EMF blocking material exceeds 99% reduction of high frequency RF commonly associated with cellular and 5G communication. Furthermore, we also test our cases simulating a live phone call with effective user reduction of 91%.
- INTEGRITY: Many manufactures claim 99% EMF protection, but are referring only to the radiation blocking material, NOT the protection you receive on a call. Studies show that blocking EMF from the back of your phone with stickers can increase user exposure and covering your entire phone would result in poor reception. Our EMF blocking material is used on the front cover only, providing you genuine protection without sacrificing reception.
- THOUGHTFUL DESIGN: Besides providing you with EMF shielding for your iPhone XR, this wallet case features an adjustable kickstand, three card slots with RFID protection and an inner compartment to keep cash. The inner bumper case uses impact resistant TPU rubber for excellent drop protection.
- AVOID ERROR PURCHASE: Many people buy the wrong size case. This listing is for the iPhone XR only (please check the size chart). Cases for the smaller iPhone Xs and larger Xs MAX are available under a different listing.
Like many of the other products reviewed here, this DefenderShield cell phone radiation protection case has been tested in FFC accredited labs. However, while others could reach results of around 99.1% protection, DefenderShield claims a 100% RF protection rate. If true, that likely also means some more protection during live use, which could just make it the best anti radiation cell phone case on the market.
In addition to the EMF protection, the DefenderShield also offers protection from heat radiation, extremely low-frequency radiation, and external radio frequencies. As such, a full sleeve protector made of the same material could create a full Faraday phone case, preventing external access to your phone as well as protecting you.
As such, the protective material is used only on the front flap, which can be closed to access the phone as normal or closed during a call to offer the protection that you need. Furthermore, it has one of the most low-profile, minimalist designs on the market. It’s nice and discrete, so you don’t have to get into full blown conversations about the dangers of EMF with people who notice it.
Like RadiArmor, it also has the ability to open the case up on the back to act as a desk stand for your phone. That way, you can watch videos, read, play games, or use it however you like. A nice little bonus that I wish more of these EMF cases had. Furthermore, I particularly like the rather streamlined design. Not as bulky or as unwieldy as some other cellphone cases, while still offering decent impact protection and fitting the phone I tested with zero problems.
Lastly, we have a somewhat weightier option in the form of the CCSJ LLC anti-radiation case. If you prefer a slimmer, more streamlined design, then this thick, bulky sleeve might not be for you. However, when it comes to protection, that hardy material, a tight fit on my iPhone, certainly feels like it does the trick.
The reason it’s so thick is due to its layered design, with hard plastic protecting it from anything that would penetrate the soft plastic below and that soft plastic is impact resistant, offering one of the best buffers against drops and spills.
Despite how hardy it may look, however, the actual surface is nice and soft, so it doesn’t feel like you’re gripping an industrial power tool, thankfully.
The anti-radiation shield on the front seems effective, but CCSJ don’t offer any lab tests on just how effective it is. Like the others, it has a front cover that can be closed and opened, so messaging, using the camera, or otherwise utilizing the screen offers no issues whatsoever.
The feel of that screen is roughly the same as some of the other products I’ve reviewed here, so I would wager the material used might be the same, but I can’t be certain.
Similarly, I’m not certain the ring of the back of the device offers the negative ion protection that it advertises. If the risk of negative ions and the impact they can have on your circulation is something you’re concerned about, it might be a nice addition, but I can’t personally speak to whether or not it does anything.
No products found.