Disclaimer: We may receive a commission for products purchased through some links in this article.
Best Cell Phone Signal Boosters Reviewed
If you live in a major city, you know how difficult it can be to get a strong cell phone signal. There are millions of people around you, and you’re all trying to share the same few phone masts.
Equally as annoying is if you live out in the countryside and you keep losing signal for no apparent reason. There are dead spots surrounding you and you cannot avoid them.
So, why not invest in one of today’s best cell phone signal boosters and gain a high-quality cellular signal?
Calls being dropped mid-conversation and static noise can be irritating at the best of times. It’s also a problem for you if you love to surf the internet and watch videos because a weak signal means you have weak data performance too.
A cell phone booster can be portable or it can be for your home. There are lots of different choices which could not only speed up your phone but save you a lot of charging time by preserving battery life because your phone isn’t struggling to find reliable signal any longer than it needs to be.
Even though we are seeing a fast transition to 5G networks, the best cell phone boosters are keeping up with 5G technology nicely. Realistically, a full transition to 5G won’t be likely for years to come. For most, a 4G cell signal booster with 5G compatibility is what you should be looking for.
But it must be compatible with your carrier, or even better, all major carriers in fact. There is no guarantee you’ll stay with your current carrier, so AT&T, Verizon, Straight Talk, etc, all have to be functional on your signal booster in case you want to switch carriers for a better deal.
Check out one of our favorite Cell Phone Boosters:
One really important detail is to make sure you use a cell phone booster that gives you enough extra head-room for multiple cell phone users and guests that might want to piggy-back onto the increased signal strength. So your cell booster should have additional space provision that is fitting to accommodate the square footage you’ll want to cover. For most, that will mean a cell phone booster that can accommodate greater than 1,000 square feet, and oftentimes much more will be all the better.
Check out our comparison chart below for a quick overview of the important details.
Top Cell Phone Signal Booster Comparison Chart
Here are our top 5 cellular boosters for those areas where cell phones struggle to maintain a reliable connection. Whether you need a signal booster for home usage or the office, these options can be immeasurably helpful.
Best Cell Phone Signal Booster
The WeBoost Home MultiRoom Cell Phone Signal Booster Kit, allows you to easily enhance reception with a huge span of 5,000 square feet. As you can imagine, you have much better voice quality, no drops, and very fast data speeds.
This gives you targeted coverage, which spans 2 or 3 rooms. So if you’re sat in your home office and you have kids in the other rooms playing games on their phone and using social media, you can still make important business calls without disruption.
But what carriers will it be compatible with? The WeBoost Cell Phone Signal Booster is compatible with all US carriers, so Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, US Cellular, Straight Talk, and T-Mobile, just to name a few.
The great thing is, it’s totally tool-free when it comes to installation.There’s no need to get out your drill and hammer, unless that’s your thing. The other great thing is, it’s 5G ready. So whenever the technology of 5G comes to your neighborhood, you’ll be one of the first to make full use of the incredible speeds.
WeBoost is also a US-based company, so you’ll be supporting domestic jobs if you chose this product over another. The customer service is, therefore, better too. This cell signal booster is backed with a manufacturer’s warranty for 2 years and also comes with a 30-day money back guarantee.
The technology has been FCC approved, so you get a 65 dB gain and it won’t interrupt other people’s cell signals. If you live in a rural town, this is a great choice because it can reach cell phone towers from far away. And if you travel and need a cell phone signal booster for a car or truck, check out their mobile signal booster model here.(Amazon)
- TARGETED COVERAGE FOR TWO TO THREE ROOMS — The Home MultiRoom provides enhanced cellular reception for up to 5, 000 square feet or up to three rooms; allowing everyone to enjoy fewer dropped calls, better voice quality, and faster data speeds within its coverage area
- CARRIER COMPATIBILITY — Home MultiRoom works with all U. S. carriers; including Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Straight Talk, and U. S. Cellular as well as all phones and cellular-connected devices
- TOOL-FREE INSTALLATION — No drills necessary while using a flat window cable to connect the Home MultiRoom booster to the outside antenna. The inside antenna can either be placed on a shelf or mounted on a wall with the included 3M Command strips. With its specially designed bracket, the outside antenna can be quickly pointed toward nearby cell towers for increased signal strength
- FCC APPROVED — With 65 dB max gain, the Home MultiRoom meets all FCC guidelines and won’t interrupt or harm any carriers’ signals to and from the cell tower. With 21 dBm in uplink-output power and 12 dBm in downlink-output power, this home booster easily reaches cell phone towers from far distances
- 5G COMPATIBLE--All weBoost products continue to support the latest in 5G technology, working seamlessly within a 5G network to deliver the best cell signal possible
If you’re looking for some extra strength and don’t mind the large components, the SureCall Fusion4Home Cell Phone Signal Booster is definitely for you.
It too has a 5,000 square feet reach, but it has this in weak signal areas, such as villages and rural towns. This means you have far fewer dropped calls and you don’t have to keep redialing and picking up from where you left off. This can drain the battery so easily, especially if the phone is fighting to find and then maintain a connection.
It can carry most North American carriers, such as Sprint, Verizon, T-Mobile and AT&T to name a few. Once again, this is also FCC approved. This is so important because you don’t want to have a product that disrupts your neighbor’s signal as this can cause you problems with the people in your community.
Its signal strength is very powerful, as you can easily get 1-2 bars at 2,000 square feet, 3-4 bars for 3,000 square feet and 5 bars for 5,000 square feet of coverage. It’s really designed for those that may live out in the sticks and weeds, so farmers, rural families, manufacturing plants and suburban neighborhoods at the edge of cities, would really like this product. Yes, it’s also future proof as it can accept 5G technology and networks as soon as they are ready.
Be forewarned, the heavy-duty product will stick out like a sore thumb and it will require skill to install, but the stability and strength you get is worth it.
- Product 1: Product Features: The Sure Call Fusion4Home Yagi/Panel boosts weak signal in areas up to 5, 000 sq. ft. This results in fewer dropped calls, improved battery life, higher audio quality, and faster data and streaming. Sure call cell phone signal boosters are compatible with all North American carriers including: AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, Sprint, Straight Talk, U. S. Cellular and many more. FCC approved.
- Product 1: Best For: The Sure Call Fusion4Home Yagi/Panel is the most powerful cell phone signal booster for large homes in rural and suburban areas. Indoor coverage area will vary based on available outdoor signal strength: 1-2 bars ~2, 000 sq. Ft, 3-4 bars ~3, 000 sq. Ft, 5 bars ~5, 000 sq. Ft.
- Product 1: Future Proof: The SureCall Fusion4Home Yagi/Panel is compatible with all 5G phones. It will boost voice and 4G LTE data signals on 5G phones and devices.
- Product 1: Installation: Simply set up the outdoor yagi-directional antenna, run the coax cable into your home, and place the cellular amplifier (base unit) where you want. Next, mount the indoor panel-antenna on a wall or inside of a closet. Then simply connect it to the amplifier using the remaining piece of coax cable.
- Product 2: 3ft heavy-duty Galvanized steel tripod mount for Off-air antenna
When searching for cell phone signal boosters, you want to try and buy a product that isn’t so heavy and unwieldy. Some products may be large and somewhat cumbersome but they offer immense signal strength. But, could this be achieved in a smaller package?
The answer is yes because, with the HiBoost Cell Phone Signal Booster, you get a small but mighty product. It supports every single US carrier there is. The booster also supports 3G and 4G. It even supports GSM. it’s compatible with AT&T, T-Mobile, US Cellular, Straight Talk and many more. It can work with Band 12 all the way up to 25-2.
It has a built-in antenna, so it’s sleek and doesn’t have any pieces which can be easily knocked off or become damaged. The cell booster is fully integrated into a panel which is designed for indoor installation. It makes things easier, less of a headache and faster.
With it’s a small but clear LCD screen, it displays all the information you need to set it to your requirements. If you need to increase strength, you can do so with the touch of a button. It shows a real-time display of your uplink and downlink gain as well as DL output power.
This cell phone signal booster for home also has a signal supervisor app, so if you need guidance through installation or maximising usage, just use your phone to manipulate its settings. The manufacturer is a US-based company so the customer service is never far away.
- 【COMPATIBLE WITH ALL US AND CANADIAN CARRIERS】 Compatible with all US and Canadian carriers which include AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, Sprint, Straight Talk, U.S. Cellular, and many more. It amplifies 4G LTE, 3G and 2G cell phone signal for your home and office.
- 【HIBOOST APP HELPS FINE TUNE MAX POWER】: Most cell phone booster has you pretty much working in the blind, no figures you can see but guess. HiBoost App & LCD helps fine tune max power and see real-time data of what the signal booster is doing, and let you squeeze every last power from the cell booster. Even 1dB more power is precious when you suffer from no signals. Further HiBoost APP online-support assures you get the absolute best possible set up and performance.
- 【END DROPPED CALLS, FASTER DATA SPEEDS】: HiBoost signal booster improves your data speeds and stop dropped calls. Stronger cellular signal connection and higher speed apply to smartphone, tablet, data card, Wi-Fi Hotspots and notebooks all at the same time.
- 【2-3 Rooms COVERAGE】：4K Plus is a built-in indoor antenna cell phone booster. The coverage may vary between 2-3 Rooms due to outdoor signal conditions. So it is crucially important to locate the best outdoor signal by HiBoost app or LCD display. In case you need to expand signal to different area, Hiboost Plus signal booster is able to connect with extra indoor antenna (ASIN: B07VV7H3QS sold separately) for multiple coverage demands.
- 【ROCK SOLID QUALITY AND OUTSTANDING CUSTOMER SERVICE】: FCC & IC Certified, 3 years warranty. All prime parts of Hiboost cell booster are built by rock solid hardware with commercial quality standards. The metal case ensures strong heat dissipation, you will not face overheat cause failure. HiBoost provides various US-based tech-support - online app chat & ticket, phone and email, so you can contact us anytime anywhere you need service.
This kit is slightly on the larger side, but it makes up for this is sheer power. It’s a 100dB single carrier booster. It may only allow one carrier but as you can see, it’s got the most strength out of any product on the market today. You will not experience any dropped calls, decreases in volume or static chatter. The Cel-Fi GO X eliminates poor audio quality and can reach just about any cell phone tower in your region.
However, these types of cellular boosters need to be installed carefully as they are large and come with a few screws and individual pieces. One thing you can look forward to the most is, incredibly faster data rates, so if you love to watch movies on your smartphone or browse the internet, this is a positive for you. It does do this one carrier at a time, but can boost them up to 40dB each. You get more area coverage and you mitigate the chances of interference.
It takes most carriers such as T-Mobile AT&T and Verizon to name a few. It comes with a single dome and panel for the antenna. This is the only 100dB booster on the market so if you want the best reach and speeds, this is the top of the drawer.
It also comes with an iOS Android app, so you can open up your smartphone and play with the settings to find the best performance for your location.
- SINGLE DOME/PANEL ANTENNA KIT: This version of the Cel-Fi GO X cell signal booster for AT&T, Verizon or T-Mobile includes BOTH a single dome and a panel antenna. You can use one and discard the other.
- 100dB SINGLE-CARRIER BOOSTER ADVANTAGE: The GO X is the only 100dB cellular signal booster. The GO X only amplifies one cell carrier at a time, but boosts signal by 40 dB more than other boosters. Gain is a measure of amplification – more gain means faster data rates, a larger coverage area, and better cell signal.
- FASTEST DATA RATES: Slow data rates are the excruciating symptom of weak signal. The Cel-Fi GO X AT&T, T-Mobile, and Verizon signal booster amplifies cell signal to bring you perfect coverage.
- NO MORE DROPPED CALLS: With the Cel-Fi GO X boosting your cell signal, dropped calls and poor audio quality are eliminated.
- COMPLETE INSTALLATION KIT: Our Cel-Fi GO X cell phone signal amplifier kit includes everything you need. We even include extras like a lightning surge protector and antenna mount, both of which are critical to getting your booster up and running.
This cell signal booster has also been approved by the FCC. it won’t interfere with your neighbors and this also affords you better protection from potential leechers. It’s a 5-band cell phone signal booster which is great for a home office that maybe has more than one person working in the room.
It supports every single carrier in the US. This includes Verizon, US Cellular, T-Mobile, Straight Talk and many more. It will also support GSM, 3G and 4G LTE for Verizon. It is friendly with devices that run Band 12, 17, 13, 5, 4 and 2.
It’s so important to have a cell phone signal booster that reduces user frustration, which is why it comes with an auto-adjustment feature to give you the best performance possible without you having to manually check things. The booster will always optimize itself to provide you with a strong and stable signal no matter where you are, what the weather is like and what you’re doing on your phone.
The quick and easy setup is designed with an omnidirectional outdoor antenna. So you get a good signal in all directions without having to move it around. The company is so confident in their product they too offer a 30-day money-back guarantee. They will offer you a 3-month free replacement should it become damaged within that time frame. You also get a 5-Year warranty straight from the manufacturer.
- 【Better Voice and Data】- Enhances voice, text, data speed signals, enjoy no more dropped calls, better voice quality, faster uploads and downloads to stream videos smoothly. Get rid of expensive monthly Internet and home phone land-line fees. Supports multiple users simultaneously.
- 【Carrier Compatibility】- Phonetone booster works on every network and with all U.S. carriers, including Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, Straight Talk, and US Cellular as well as all phones and cellular-connected devices.
- 【Advanced Features & Smart Device】- The booster uses AGC(Automatic Gain Control) function, which can intelligently detect the existing signal strength, and adjust itself for best performance, then reflect its working condition through LED indicator. Buy it once, and boost for life.
- 【Fashionable Design & Easy Setup】- Booster comes with lightweight omni antennas, allow you can receive signals from all directions (no aiming required), if you have moderate or good external signal and want to support several network providers, this is a popular choice. DIY Installation.
- 【Reliable Service Guarantee】- FCC Certified, 30-day money-back guarantee, 3-month free replacement, 5-year manufacturer warranty. Professional Technical Support.
Top Cell Phone Signal Booster Features
Contrary to popular belief, your phone isn’t always connected to a satellite. You’re not shooting your signal up into the edge of earth’s atmosphere and then beaming it down again. Phone signals move more or less through the sky and that’s how we run into weak signal spots. There could be a hill, tree, building, or stormy weather that is disrupting our phone’s signal.
But with a cell phone signal booster, you get a system that gives you your own antenna outside your home. It amplifies your signal and gives it more power when being shot out toward the cell phone tower. More outward strength gives you the ability to bulldoze through forests and built-up areas to find the tower.
Cell Phone Boosters Help with 3 things:
The distance from the cell phone tower is the number one issue. Cell phone towers cannot be put up everywhere so if your home is far away from one because you live in the countryside, you’re always going to have a weak signal. It’s not the tower’s fault if your phone doesn’t have the strength to shoot back to the tower.
The second thing is obstacles, things like hills, trees, bridges, farmhouses, pylons and homes will get in the way of your returning signal. With a cell phone signal booster you get more muscle power to zig-zag your way through.
Last but not least is construction materials. There could be cables that are disrupting your signal. Pylons and electricity poles are the number one cause of this. They weaken your reception, causing you to have bad audio quality or dropped calls.
Cars have signal boosters that are built into their design. The antenna on the roof captures a signal from the tower and then boosts it to your phone. However, most homes don’t have this. So you need to install an antenna yourself.
It’s important that your booster is compatible with prior technology and not just purely for 5G. It must be 3G and 4G ready as different hardware in our household technology should be covered by the booster.
Final Thoughts on Cell Phone Signal Boosters
If you keep experiencing dropped calls, bad audio quality, it’s time your home got a cell phone booster. Not only will you be able to make calls without disruption, but you can download data far quicker. So your kids can watch movies in the other room, while you make important calls in your home office next door. You don’t need to know it’s been approved by the FCC but it’s always a plus, so you don’t disrupt your neighbors.