Disclaimer: We may receive a commission for products purchased through some links in this article.
Best Cell Phone Signal Boosters Reviewed
If you live in a major city, you know how difficult it can be to get a strong cell phone signal. There are millions of people around you, and you’re all trying to share the same few phone masts.
Equally as annoying is if you live out in the countryside and you keep losing signal for no apparent reason. There are dead spots surrounding you and you cannot avoid them.
So, why not invest in one of today’s best cell phone signal boosters and gain a high-quality cellular signal?
Calls being dropped mid-conversation and static noise can be irritating at the best of times. It’s also a problem for you if you love to surf the internet and watch videos because a weak signal means you have weak data performance too.
A cell phone booster can be portable or it can be for your home. There are lots of different choices which could not only speed up your phone but save you a lot of charging time by preserving battery life because your phone isn’t struggling to find reliable signal any longer than it needs to be.
Even though we are seeing a fast transition to 5G networks, the best cell phone boosters are keeping up with 5G technology nicely. Realistically, a full transition to 5G won’t be likely for years to come. For most, a 4G cell signal booster with 5G compatibility is what you should be looking for.
But it must be compatible with your carrier, or even better, all major carriers in fact. There is no guarantee you’ll stay with your current carrier, so AT&T, Verizon, Straight Talk, etc, all have to be functional on your signal booster in case you want to switch carriers for a better deal.
Check out one of our favorite Mobile Phone Extender:
One really important detail is to make sure you use a cell phone booster that gives you enough extra head-room for multiple cell phone users and guests that might want to piggy-back onto the increased signal strength. So your cell booster should have additional space provision that is fitting to accommodate the square footage you’ll want to cover. For most, that will mean a cell phone booster that can accommodate greater than 1,000 square feet, and oftentimes much more will be all the better.
Check out our comparison chart below for a quick overview of the important details.
Top Cell Phone Signal Booster Comparison Chart
Here are our top 5 cellular boosters for those areas where cell phones struggle to maintain a reliable connection. Whether you need a signal booster for home usage or the office, these options can be immeasurably helpful.
Best Cellphone Range Extender
The WeBoost Home MultiRoom Cell Phone Signal Booster Kit, allows you to easily enhance reception with a huge span of 5,000 square feet. As you can imagine, you have much better voice quality, no drops, and very fast data speeds.
This gives you targeted coverage, which spans 2 or 3 rooms. So if you’re sat in your home office and you have kids in the other rooms playing games on their phone and using social media, you can still make important business calls without disruption.
But what carriers will it be compatible with? The WeBoost Cell Phone Signal Booster is compatible with all US carriers, so Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, US Cellular, Straight Talk, and T-Mobile, just to name a few.
The great thing is, it’s totally tool-free when it comes to installation.There’s no need to get out your drill and hammer, unless that’s your thing. The other great thing is, it’s 5G ready. So whenever the technology of 5G comes to your neighborhood, you’ll be one of the first to make full use of the incredible speeds.
WeBoost is also a US-based company, so you’ll be supporting domestic jobs if you chose this product over another. The customer service is, therefore, better too. This cell signal booster is backed with a manufacturer’s warranty for 2 years and also comes with a 30-day money back guarantee.
The technology has been FCC approved, so you get a 65 dB gain and it won’t interrupt other people’s cell signals. If you live in a rural town, this is a great choice because it can reach cell phone towers from far away. And if you travel and need a cell phone signal booster for a car or truck, check out their mobile signal booster model here.(Amazon)
- Boosts weak cell signal up to 5,000 square feet in multiple rooms for several users.
- Compatible with all U.S. carriers, including Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, and U.S. Cellular
- Supports the latest in 5G technology, providing the best speed and service possible on any smartphone
- FCC approved with 72 dB max gain
- weBoost provides expert U.S.-based customer support through our app, chat, phone, or email, and we guarantee our products with a two-year warranty.
If you’re looking for some extra strength and don’t mind the large components, the SureCall Fusion4Home Cell Phone Signal Booster is definitely for you.
It too has a 5,000 square feet reach, but it has this in weak signal areas, such as villages and rural towns. This means you have far fewer dropped calls and you don’t have to keep redialing and picking up from where you left off. This can drain the battery so easily, especially if the phone is fighting to find and then maintain a connection.
It can carry most North American carriers, such as Sprint, Verizon, T-Mobile and AT&T to name a few. Once again, this is also FCC approved. This is so important because you don’t want to have a product that disrupts your neighbor’s signal as this can cause you problems with the people in your community.
Its signal strength is very powerful, as you can easily get 1-2 bars at 2,000 square feet, 3-4 bars for 3,000 square feet and 5 bars for 5,000 square feet of coverage. It’s really designed for those that may live out in the sticks and weeds, so farmers, rural families, manufacturing plants and suburban neighborhoods at the edge of cities, would really like this product. Yes, it’s also future proof as it can accept 5G technology and networks as soon as they are ready.
Be forewarned, the heavy-duty product will stick out like a sore thumb and it will require skill to install, but the stability and strength you get is worth it.
No products found.
When searching for cell phone signal boosters, you want to try and buy a product that isn’t so heavy and unwieldy. Some products may be large and somewhat cumbersome but they offer immense signal strength. But, could this be achieved in a smaller package?
The answer is yes because, with the HiBoost Cell Phone Signal Booster, you get a small but mighty product. It supports every single US carrier there is. The booster also supports 3G and 4G. It even supports GSM. it’s compatible with AT&T, T-Mobile, US Cellular, Straight Talk and many more. It can work with Band 12 all the way up to 25-2.
It has a built-in antenna, so it’s sleek and doesn’t have any pieces which can be easily knocked off or become damaged. The cell booster is fully integrated into a panel which is designed for indoor installation. It makes things easier, less of a headache and faster.
With it’s a small but clear LCD screen, it displays all the information you need to set it to your requirements. If you need to increase strength, you can do so with the touch of a button. It shows a real-time display of your uplink and downlink gain as well as DL output power.
This cell phone signal booster for home also has a signal supervisor app, so if you need guidance through installation or maximising usage, just use your phone to manipulate its settings. The manufacturer is a US-based company so the customer service is never far away.
- 🚀【UPGRADED TECHNOLOGY 】HiBoost cell phone signal booster supports a cellular signal reception up to 4,000 square feet (2-3 rooms). our cell phone booster comes with a built-in panel antenna, you do not need to install the additional indoor antenna. Our High-performance Industrial-Grade Chips allow you to enjoy stable voice quality and faster data speed at your home, apartment, or office.
- 🚀【ALL U.S CARRIERS & 5G COMPATIBILITY】Hiboost has been working with all U.S carriers for over 15 years, including Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, U.S. Cellular, Straight Talk, and Band 2/4/5/12/13/17/25/66. Signal boosters only support 5G only that's largely deployed in current 4G bands by DSS (Dynamic Spectrum Sharing) by carriers. If you need 5G, ensure the carriers have deployed 5G in the 4G bands before purchase
- 🚀【INSTALLATION ASSISTANT - "SIGNAL SUPERVISOR" APP】 "Signal Supervisor" APP of HiBoost provides you with lifetime technical support, chat, or installation video etc.
- 🚀【FCC APPROVED and ACCESSORIES】1*Outdoor Directional Antenna, 2*outdoor Coaxial Cable, 1*Through-Window Cable, 1*Cell Phone Booster, 1*Power Adapter. no need to drill holes in your walls. The high gain directional antenna reaches far-away cell towers with ease, which gets a better signal than an Omni antenna. With 65 dB max gain, the cell signal booster meets all FCC guidelines and won't interrupt or harm any carrier's signals to and from the cell tower.
- 🚀【3 YEARS WARRANTY 】Hiboost cell phone signal booster provide 30 DAYS MONEY BACK and 3 YEARS MANUFACTURER WARRANTY. If you have installation or other problems with your item, please contact our Lifetime Technical Support Team via online signal supervisor APP chat, call, or email.
This kit is slightly on the larger side, but it makes up for this is sheer power. It’s a 100dB single carrier booster. It may only allow one carrier but as you can see, it’s got the most strength out of any product on the market today. You will not experience any dropped calls, decreases in volume or static chatter. The Cel-Fi GO X eliminates poor audio quality and can reach just about any cell phone tower in your region.
However, these types of cellular boosters need to be installed carefully as they are large and come with a few screws and individual pieces. One thing you can look forward to the most is, incredibly faster data rates, so if you love to watch movies on your smartphone or browse the internet, this is a positive for you. It does do this one carrier at a time, but can boost them up to 40dB each. You get more area coverage and you mitigate the chances of interference.
It takes most carriers such as T-Mobile AT&T and Verizon to name a few. It comes with a single dome and panel for the antenna. This is the only 100dB booster on the market so if you want the best reach and speeds, this is the top of the drawer.
It also comes with an iOS Android app, so you can open up your smartphone and play with the settings to find the best performance for your location.
- SINGLE DOME/PANEL ANTENNA KIT: This version of the Cel-Fi GO X cell signal booster for AT&T, Verizon or T-Mobile includes BOTH a single dome and a panel antenna. You can use one and discard the other.
- 100dB SINGLE-CARRIER BOOSTER ADVANTAGE: The GO X is the only 100dB cellular signal booster. The GO X only amplifies one cell carrier at a time, but boosts signal by 40 dB more than other boosters. Gain is a measure of amplification – more gain means faster data rates, a larger coverage area, and better cell signal.
- FASTEST DATA RATES: Slow data rates are the excruciating symptom of weak signal. The Cel-Fi GO X AT&T, T-Mobile, and Verizon signal booster amplifies cell signal to bring you perfect coverage.
- NO MORE DROPPED CALLS: With the Cel-Fi GO X boosting your cell signal, dropped calls and poor audio quality are eliminated.
- FULLY FCC CERTIFIED: Designed in California and certified as a consumer cell phone signal booster with FCC ID YETG32-2451213
This cell signal booster has also been approved by the FCC. it won’t interfere with your neighbors and this also affords you better protection from potential leechers. It’s a 5-band cell phone signal booster which is great for a home office that maybe has more than one person working in the room.
It supports every single carrier in the US. This includes Verizon, US Cellular, T-Mobile, Straight Talk and many more. It will also support GSM, 3G and 4G LTE for Verizon. It is friendly with devices that run Band 12, 17, 13, 5, 4 and 2.
It’s so important to have a cell phone signal booster that reduces user frustration, which is why it comes with an auto-adjustment feature to give you the best performance possible without you having to manually check things. The booster will always optimize itself to provide you with a strong and stable signal no matter where you are, what the weather is like and what you’re doing on your phone.
The quick and easy setup is designed with an omnidirectional outdoor antenna. So you get a good signal in all directions without having to move it around. The company is so confident in their product they too offer a 30-day money-back guarantee. They will offer you a 3-month free replacement should it become damaged within that time frame. You also get a 5-Year warranty straight from the manufacturer.
- 【PRODUCT FEATURES & SMART DEVICE】The Phonetone cell booster comes with a smart key feature of AGC (Automatic Gain Control). In addition to intelligently detecting the existing signal strength and automatically adjusting itself for best performance, it prevents in fewer dropped calls, improved battery life, higher audio quality, and faster data and streaming.
- 【WORK WITH ALL CARRIERS】Phonetone cell Signal booster works on every network and with all U.S. carriers, including Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, Straight Talk, US Cellular and more. Friendly to multiple users, all phones and cellular-connected devices.
- 【BEST VALUE BOOSTER for MULTI USERS 】 Phonetone cell phone booster enhances weak signal in your home, office, metal building or rural area up to 1,500 sq.ft. Smart phones, tablets, modems, Wi-Fi hotspots can all directly connect at the same time.
- 【EASY INSTALLTION】The booster with Omni Antenna kit comes with an outdoor omnidirectional antenna and an indoor desktop antenna. Because the omni antenna can pick up a cell signal from any direction, the user can simply mount the outside antenna to the roof, attach the desktop antenna to the booster, connect the two devices and instantly improve cell signal.
- 【FCC APPROVED & EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE】The booster is compliant with the requirements of FCC guidelines and approved to operate on frequency bands 2, 4, 5, 12, 13 and 17. Every Phonetone booster comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee, 3-month free replacement, 5-year manufacturer warranty, so you can give a try to invest a quality-guaranteed and cutting-edge booster at the less expense without any risk of waste money.
Top Cellphone Extender Features
Contrary to popular belief, your phone isn’t always connected to a satellite. You’re not shooting your signal up into the edge of earth’s atmosphere and then beaming it down again. Phone signals move more or less through the sky and that’s how we run into weak signal spots. There could be a hill, tree, building, or stormy weather that is disrupting our phone’s signal.
But with a cell phone signal booster, you get a system that gives you your own antenna outside your home. It amplifies your signal and gives it more power when being shot out toward the cell phone tower. More outward strength gives you the ability to bulldoze through forests and built-up areas to find the tower.
Cell Phone Boosters Help with 3 things:
The distance from the cell phone tower is the number one issue. Cell phone towers cannot be put up everywhere so if your home is far away from one because you live in the countryside, you’re always going to have a weak signal. It’s not the tower’s fault if your phone doesn’t have the strength to shoot back to the tower.
The second thing is obstacles, things like hills, trees, bridges, farmhouses, pylons and homes will get in the way of your returning signal. With a cell phone signal booster you get more muscle power to zig-zag your way through.
Last but not least is construction materials. There could be cables that are disrupting your signal. Pylons and electricity poles are the number one cause of this. They weaken your reception, causing you to have bad audio quality or dropped calls.
Cars have signal boosters that are built into their design. The antenna on the roof captures a signal from the tower and then boosts it to your phone. However, most homes don’t have this. So you need to install an antenna yourself.
It’s important that your booster is compatible with prior technology and not just purely for 5G. It must be 3G and 4G ready as different hardware in our household technology should be covered by the booster.
Final Thoughts on Mobile Phone Extender
If you keep experiencing dropped calls, bad audio quality, it’s time your home got a cell phone booster. Not only will you be able to make calls without disruption, but you can download data far quicker. So your kids can watch movies in the other room, while you make important calls in your home office next door. You don’t need to know it’s been approved by the FCC but it’s always a plus, so you don’t disrupt your neighbors.