Disclaimer: We may receive a commission for products purchased through some links in this article.
Best Home Laser Hair Removal Device Reviews
Among today’s popular cosmetic procedures, laser hair removal is the most requested by far. By using a focused intense pulsed laser, or IPL, laser hair removal disables the cells that produce unwanted hair follicles, while leaving surrounding tissues unharmed.
While IPL hair removal is amazingly effective, frequent trips to have treatments can add up very quickly. Your travel expenses and the cost of the procedure itself can place a significant strain on your budget. Thankfully, there is a solution: buying an at-home hair removal laser.
Contrary to the words of laser inventor Theodore Maiman, who famously said, “A laser is a solution seeking a problem,” the laser has proved to be an incredibly effective cosmetic hair removal device.
For those seeking the best home laser hair removal, it is important to consider what level of performance you expect prior to making a purchase.
There are a number of points that will make one laser hair removal device more effective, and more appealing for your particular needs. Understanding exactly how a laser hair removal works and how IPL machines operate will go a long way toward making sure your selection continues to impress for the long term.
Whether you need at home laser hair removal for your under arms, face, or bikini line, you’re sure to be surprised with some of the helpful details we discovered in our IPL hair removal reviews. Some of those details are listed in the quick comparison chart below, but we explore the fine points in more detail below.
We are all about helping you accomplish your laser hair removal at home, so lets get right to it!
Top At-Home Laser Hair Removal Comparison Chart
Best At-Home Laser Hair Removal
Billed as ‘The Most Powerful At-Home Hair Removal Solution’, the FDA cleared Tria Beauty Laser is designed to offer safe, long-lasting hair removal.
By targeting pigment in the hair follicle, the laser disables growth and causes the hair to fall out.
Crucially, Tria claims that the laser permanently disables the hair follicle, which should mean that you don’t experience any regrowth.
In reality, most people do experience some regrowth following laser hair removal – whether it’s done at home or in a salon. However, many happy customers report minimal regrowth when using the Tria Beauty Hair Laser Removal.
In a significant number of cases, customers have enjoyed smoother skin for much longer than they do with either shaving or waxing. If you’re willing to accept that the Tria Beauty Hair Removal Laser might not provide permanent results, there’s a good chance you’ll be pleased with what it can offer.
Claiming to deliver more than ‘three times the hair-eliminating energy of any other at-home device’, Tria certainly does offer more power than some other leading hair removal systems.
What’s more, the cordless design ensures targeted control and comfortable usage. Endorsed by dermatologists and highly regarded by the majority of customers, the Tria Beauty Hair Removal might not live up to all its claims, but it certainly doesn’t fall far short.
- Delivers permanent results for your whole body at a fraction of the cost for professional treatments
- Dermatologist-Recommended Technology
- Features 5 comfort settings and a pulse counter
Advertising a 94% hair reduction with just three treatments, the Remington iLight system is an FDA cleared and clinically proven hair removal solution.
The Intense Pulse Lighted (IPL) Technology operates at 16 joules per flash, which is significantly higher than some comparable systems on the market. This increase in power means each flash is capable of eliminating more hair, which equates to better results in fewer uses.
Like all IPL hair removal systems, the Remington iLight claims to break the cycle of hair growth and cause hairs to fall out within 7-10 days of use.
While you may not notice instant results in the same way you would with shaving or waxing, IPL hair removal is designed to offer longer-lasting results.
Although Remington claims the iLight system offers permanent hair removal, most users don’t find this to be the case. However, regrowth is reportedly softer than following other types of hair removal and most users experience smoother skin for longer when using the Remington IPL system.
Capable of delivering 30,000 flashes before a replacement cartridge is needed, you’ll get plenty of use out of the iLight system before any subsequent purchases are necessary.
Of course, this does depend on the areas you choose to treat with the Remington system. More flashes will be required to cover a larger area, such as the legs, which will mean you’ll need a replacement cartridge more quickly than if you only focus on smaller areas, such as the underarms.
While the Remington iLight is a corded system, it’s easy to use and comes with comprehensive instructions. The generous cord length means it won’t negatively impact your user experience, while the handy recharging unit looks great and makes it easy to store your iLight system until you’re ready to use it again.
- The Most Effective at Home Hair Removal Device with nearly 2X better results in fewer treatments
- Longer Lasting Permanent Results. Time between the flashes is about 2 seconds
- Up to 94% hair reduction in just 3 treatments
- Professional Intense Pulsed Light Technology with a powerful 16 Joules per flash for greater hair reduction in fewer treatments
- FDA Cleared and Clinically Proven
Delivering 500,000 flashes over its lifespan, the iMene Home Laser Hair Removal Machine has a super long service life and will continue to impress for many months or years to come.
However, potential buyers should be aware that it features a non-removable flash head. iMene claims this is to avoid the risk of loose contacts or light leakage, so some purchasers may feel that this added safety feature is well worth it.
As you won’t be able to replace the cartridge, it does mean that you’ll be unable to keep your iMene machine working indefinitely though, so do be aware that it won’t last forever.
In the meantime, the iMene hair removal machine offers five energy levels, so you can customize treatments based on your requirements. In addition to this, the iMene machine features an Ice Cold system that’s designed to enhance results and make the process as comfortable as possible.
An integrated ice compress plate ensures the surface temperature of your skin remains within a temperature bracket of 32-41°F. When the ‘Cooling Care’ system is activated, you can enjoy the icier feel of the integrated plate and benefit from less redness and swelling post-treatment.
Like other IPL systems, you won’t necessarily see maximum results from the iMene machine straight away. In fact, all laser hair removal systems work best when they’re used regularly and consistently.
The handy, illuminated LED window tells you how many flashes remain, so it’s easy to see when you might need a replacement. Similarly, you can tell at a glance what energy level you’re using and whether the ‘Cooling Care’ setting is activated.
A common complaint from users is that laser hair removal is rarely permanent like most manufacturers claim. If you’re happy to use the system regularly to facilitate hair removal, however, the iMene machine could be a great option.
- 【Effective Permanent IPL Hair Removal】The laser hair removal device uses the newest technology applied in hair removal system called Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) to break the cycle of hair regrowth. Clinically results proved that IPL hair removal machine is gentle, effective, with no side effects. Up to 93.7% of women experienced noticeable results after just 2 months complete treatment.
- 【Unique Ice Compress Function】Our body hair removal built-in ice compress plate maintain the skin surface between 32 ~ 41℉, calm down your skin and reduce redness and swell. Easy to operate, turn on the ice cooling function, you can enjoy doing hair removal and cooling care at the same time. It is just what you need for a painless and comfortable treatment that will result in smooth and hair-free skin that your friends will envy.
- 【500，000 Flashes, Manual and Auto flash】IMENE permanent laser hair removal with 500,000 flashes that enough for 9-11 individuals' whole body hair removal. It is designed as a non-removable flash head to avoid the risk of light leakage and loose contact. Manual and auto flash supported, manual flash used for precision areas, like bikini lines, underarms, chin, fingers; Auto flash used for large areas, like arms, legs, stomach, back. It will greatly reduce treatment time.
- 【The IPL Technology Suitable for Sensitive Skin】This ICE IPL hair removal technology guarantees you complete suitable for your sensitive skin compared to other methods of permanent hair removal. This laser hair removal machine with ICE cooling function allows it to be used for hair removal without damaging.
- 【Top Quality and Service】Professional manufacturer and strict quality control make us confident in our home use epilators. 90-Days money back and return service. If you meet any problems during hair removal, please just contact us.
Designed by physicians, the Silk’n Flash & Go system claims to offer professional results with the convenience of laser hair removal at home.
As the system relies on light pulsing technology, you won’t need to replace cartridges as you would with other types of laser hair removal systems. Instead, you can simply use the Silk’n Flash & Go machine as needed and enjoy super smooth skin.
FDA cleared and clinically tested, the Silk’n Flash & Go offers safe hair removal at home. Manufacturers recommend bi-weekly sessions when you first start using the device and maintain you’ll need at least 8 sessions to obtain maximum results.
Like most home laser hair removal systems, this isn’t the best option if you want instantaneous results. If you can commit to using the machine regularly and waiting for the best results, however, there’s a good chance you’ll be pleased with what the Silk’n Flash & Go system can offer.
A continuous mode of operation, a spot size of 0.9cm x 3cm [2.7cm²], and a pulse duration of 500-800µs means it’s on a par with many similar products on the market and outshines a significant proportion of them.
While some people find the Silk’n Flash & Go delivers amazing results, customer satisfaction is arguably hit and miss. Of course, the nature of at-home hair removal means that results do vary quite considerably.
However, the mixed reports received by the Silk’n Flash & Go Hair Removal Device may dissuade potential buyers from giving this system a try. With other machines receiving more favorable reviews, this particular system probably isn’t going to be at the top of your list to try.
- Perfect device for long lasting hair removal sessions in the privacy of your home.
- Enjoy smooth skin using light pulsing technology that disables hair growth at the root.
- Designed by physicians and clinically tested for a product that gets results.We recommend that adolescents wait until they are at least 16 years old before starting treatments with any of our hair removal devices
- Works on legs, arms, underarms, bikini area and below the cheekbones on your face.
- Safe and easy use with a built-in skin color sensor and adjustable energy levels.
FDA certified and approved, the MiSMON laser hair removal system has been clinically tested and shown to deliver up to 94% reduction for the majority of participants.
While this doesn’t necessarily mean it will work for everyone, it is a good indication that it’s a laser hair removal machine that offers genuine benefits.
Its built-in automatic skin sensor means it’s easy to use the device safely, while the five optional energy levels give you total control over the intensity of each flash.
Delivering 300,000 flashes as standard, you can then simply replace the cartridge and continue using the device. This ensures a long-lasting lifespan and a cost-effective way to keep the device operational.
The illuminated LED screen makes it easy to see how many flashes the device has left, as well as what energy level it’s set to. While you’ll need to use the machine for months, rather than weeks, to achieve maximum results, the MiSMON IPL hair removal system has received overwhelmingly positive results from customers.
If you’re looking for a safe, certified device that offers realistic results and stress-free at-home hair removal, the MiSMON IPL hair removal system is certainly worth a second look.
Easy to use, well designed, and powerful enough to deliver long-lasting results, this is certainly one of the home hair removal systems on the market.
- 【Safe Approved】 MiSMON painess hair removal has been safe certified in the world, this certification is the highest testing standard for medical beauty equipment in the world, It is known as the "American health patron saint". MiSMON IPL hair removal is the effect of using laser damage the melanin of hair follicle, build-in automatic skin sensor, will achieve Gentle, Painless, permanent hair removal.
- 【Clinically Proven & Effective Hair Removal】Clinically test Proved: After 3-4 treatments, the visible effect of hair reduction and grow slowly, and most of the people up to 94% permanent hair reduction after 7- 9 treatments. The higher the energy, the better the hair removal effect, but For safety reasons, please try from low to high, Friends who are not fair-skinned only recommend 1-3 level.
- 【More Smarter for Use】 Home hair removal use hand-held design. It has an LCD screen which could show flash number (total 300000 flashes)； lamp type（lamp head could be replaced by "HR HEAD" or "SR HEAD" if used out）; and energy level(1-5 energy level).ect of using laser damage the hair follicle to achieve permanent hair removal.
- 【Wide Range of Applications】Permanent Hair removal machine applies to most parts of the body area including legs hair, underarm hair, arms hair, forehead hairline, chin, back, butt, bikini line part, etc. not suitable for Lip, head area.
- 【Best Sale Service】12 months warranty, 3 months free return or replace no any reason, please read the instruction manual carefully and pay attention to some contraindications, and feel free contact us if you meet any questions, we have professional technology team service for you within 10 hours on business day.
Here is a great video explaining the science of laser hair removal
Top Home Laser Hair Removal Device Features and Benefits
Before you can decide which laser hair removal system is right for you, it’s important to know what features to look out for. With this handy guide, you can get a deeper understanding of how laser hair technology works and what makes a device worthwhile. With all the information you need right here, you’ll have no problem selecting the best at-home laser removal device for your needs.
Every time you use a laser or IPL system, the device flashes. This occurs when the pulse of light is emitted from the machine, so you might use up numerous flashes every time you use your at-home hair removal system. Even in smaller areas, one session could easily use 10 or more flashes, so do take this into account when you’re selecting a device.
The more flashes a device can deliver, the longer it should last. It’s worth noting, however, that most laser hair removal systems do offer replaceable cartridges. This means you can simply purchase another cartridge when the flashes run out and continue using the device. Take a look at how easy it is to purchase these and how much they cost before you decide which system to buy and you’ll have a good idea of how much the system is likely to cost to run in the future.
Skin Tone Suitability
Laser hair removal is designed for use on all skin types. Manufacturers are very clear about which skin tones their products are suitable for use on, so be sure to check this before you make a purchase.
Different lasers have varying levels of effectiveness on certain skin tones, so one device may be more suited to lighter tones, while another hair removal system may be better for people with a darker skin tone.
Although the energy setting you use should also reflect your skin tone, it’s important to select a device that’s suitable for your skin. Using the wrong type of laser or the wrong setting could result in redness, swelling, discomfort, or even burning, so don’t assume that all laser hair removal systems are appropriate for all skin types or tones.
If you want to use IPL hair systems to target various areas, you might want to choose a device that comes with extra attachments. These typically push on to the device itself and make it easier to target particular areas, such as your underarms or back. Furthermore, some laser devices are designed for use on the face and neck areas, while others come with attachments to facilitate use on these areas.
Depending on where and how you intend to use your at-home hair removal system, these extra attachments could make a significant difference to the effectiveness of your treatments. If your favorite device doesn’t come with any attachments, check whether they’re available at an extra cost. In some cases, a lower-cost system can be supplemented with optional extras. If so, you can still opt for your favorite device and simply create your own bespoke system with the attachments you choose.
Ease of Use
Although at-home hair removal systems are designed to be user-friendly, some are easier to use than others. Often, this is due to their design, so there’s lots of scope to choose a device that works best for you.
Some people prefer the freedom of using a cordless model, for example, as this ensures you won’t be restricted by wires when you’re using the device. However, this does mean that you’ll need to recharge the device prior to using it. For others, the simplicity and ease of using a corded device make them preferable to a rechargeable version.
By comparing the most popular laser hair removal systems and reading about other people’s experiences with them, you’ll get a useful insight into just how advanced, effective, and user-friendly each device is. With this information, you should find it easy to choose the perfect laser hair removal device for you.